Welcome to Six Hats
At Six Hats Early Childhood Service we believe each child is a unique individual in their own right and that their special abilities and interests contribute meaningfully to our diverse community. We work in partnership with families to provide quality care through an educational program nurtured in a welcoming, secure and authentic environment. We believe in taking the time to build reciprocal, trusting relationships so each child and their family feels a sense of belonging.
Our programs facilitate development of the following skills: enquiry, problem-solving, healthy relationships, resilience, persistence, physical strength and coordination, healthy choices. This is accomplished through a holistic, play-based, school-readiness program co-constructed with the children to investigate children’s interests and make new discoveries.
The Six Hats School Readiness Program begins from birth. We offer….
- A literacy program rich in phonemic awareness
- A science and math program rich in enquiry based experiences
- A nutrition program rich in garden sustainability and cooking experiences
- An arts program rich in visual and dramatic expression experiences
- A movement program rich in dance, music, yoga, brain gym and other gross motor experiences
- Empowerment though partnering with our children to drive our curriculum, and
- Supported guidance in relationship building through our partnership with KidsMatter.
Our daughter joined Six Hats Early Childhood in August 2016. After the first week, we knew we had made the right decision. Our daughter is in the best hands